The biggest challenge to growing a successful entrepreneurial venture is selling. Entrepreneurs must build a strong sales pipeline to ensure profitable growth as they tackle other pressing issues like staffing, infrastructure, and financing. In the Entrepreneurial Selling course, you will learn how to acquire customers, use selling skills in different contexts, tell powerful stories, manage the entrepreneurial sales process, and use the key tools required for success in selling. The course will combine the following elements to create a powerful learning experience for you:
• Models: Conceptual description of critical sales concepts.
• Toolkit: A list of key tactical sales tools, which we will build tool-by-tool throughout the course.
• Guest Speakers: Real life examples of key class concepts
• Role Plays: Experiential exhibitions to emphasize class concepts. These include cold-calling, a sales presentation, questioning, and handling objections
• Discussion: Based on reading, cases, and your experience, the class will dialogue through issues and concepts.
• Assignments: As described in the “Grading” section of the syllabus, these include case write-ups, a Story Matrix, a Sales Trailer and Sales Toolkit for a start-up or early-stage company, and a Sales Presentation to a mock customer.
These elements will be supported by a research-based sales process and sales toolkit.
You will be able to:
• Understand the key phases of the selling process
• Use the sales toolkit to construct a sales strategy for a set of clients and channels
• Identify the most common failure points in an entrepreneurial sales process
• Put to use a set of sales skills that will serve you in any career context