|With the ever increasing role and influence of the digital space, it is essential to be armed with a comprehensive understanding of internet marketing. As traditional ad spend continues to gravitate to digital media, knowing where digital stands in the marketing spectrum is crucial. This course offers both strategic considerations for formulating an effective marketing plan, as well as introducing leading technologies designed to provide an edge in internet marketing. This combination structures a framework for becoming an expert in digital marketing. Marketing channels explored will include Social Media, SEO, Paid Search, Display, Comparative Shopping Engines, Affiliate Marketing, and E-Mail Marketing. Each channel specific module will provide fundamental understanding into the mechanics of that channel in addition to providing performance audit processes for any company. The curriculum unfolds to reveal the various ways to generate site traffic, crucial steps in creating effective media plans and allocating budget appropriately, structuring a reporting framework to allow for in-depth analysis to illuminate opportunities to maximize ROI, utilizing methods of creating unique messaging, and leveraging social media outlets.
This course is composed of three major segments:
(1) Portfolio Management. Discussions are guided by overarching questions regarding where Internet Marketing fits into a budget and how best to allocate a budget for optimal gains.
(2) Channel Education. This section is dedicated to offering comprehensive knowledge of seven main methods, known as channels, within digital advertising used to drive traffic to a website. Each class in this segment of the course will detail these methods’ tools and strategies in order to educate you on their role in achieving ideal internet marketing goals.
(3) Marketing Analytics. Discussions here will address leveraging data driven insights to optimize strategies to increase ROI.
|Grading will be comprised of class participation, homework assignments, and a final project. Students may not take this course pass/fail.|
1. Class participation – 5%; Attendance and Discussion
2. Homework – 50%; Six (6) Individual Assignments
3. Final Project – 45%; Team Project - Company Audit; Presentations Week 9 and 10